GERVASI VINEYARD: BELLISSIMO
7th Annual Fine Art & Fine Crafts Show
Sunday, July 23rd 2017 ~ 12-5PM
Gervasi Vineyard is excited to announce Bellissimo: 7th Annual Fine Art & Fine Crafts Show to be held at our scenic 55 acre vineyard estate located in the city of Canton.
For this day, Gervasi will transform its beautiful grounds, walking paths, and event pavilion into an arts festival for the local community to enjoy. The Show will take place on Sunday, July 23rd and will feature a variety of artists from the region. On display will be two and three dimensional art work and fine crafts available for sale to the public.
Our Show has been very successful the last six years bringing in approximately 2-3,000 in attendance for the day. Due to the increasing popularity of Bellissimo, the application process includes a juried component. All applications will be submitted to the jury and judged based on multiple components and the contribution to the show as a whole. The jury members change each year.
If you are interested in participating in Bellissimo, submit an application online for juried entrance by Friday March 3rd 2017 for a $10 application fee or Tuesday March 14th 2017 for a $20 application fee.
To learn more about Gervasi Vineyard, visit our website at:
SHOW DATE / TIME
Sunday, July 23rd, 2017 ~ 12pm-5pm
All applicants will be reviewed and awarded exhibit space based on the quality and variety of the exhibitor pool, and the ability to present a professional display. Applications and photos of work will be reviewed and space awarded by the appointed jury. All work to be exhibited must be original and attributable solely to the demonstrating artist. No work that has been made with commercial kits, molds, patterns, plans or unaltered prefabricated pieces is allowed. Prints, posters and reproductions can be displayed for purchase in addition to original artwork, but must be clearly identified as such.
There are no assurances of acceptance into juried art shows. Each year the submissions will change, as will the jury. Please remember that if an artist is not selected it does not necessarily mean that the quality was inferior, just that the jury was putting together a diverse selection of work for a limited amount of space. Previous participation in Bellissimo does not guarantee acceptance into the show.
Gervasi Management will screen each artist/exhibitor during the festival, and if the work exhibited does not comply with the rules and regulations or the images submitted, the artists/exhibitors would be required to leave the festival. Judgment of management in this matter will be final, and no refunds will be given.
· Artist statement – please include a written description of your work. This is for, and in support of, the artists’ work to give the jury a better understanding of the artistic vision and process.
· All artists applying must submit 4 digital images of the artist’s work, representative of what will be displayed the day of the show. A lack of images will risk acceptance of the application to the jury, and therefore acceptance to the show. Please keep in mind that work is judged based on the photos submitted; poor quality of photos may affect the jury’s decision.
· One digital image of the display set up to be used for the show is also required. If an image is not available, the artist must clearly describe the set up they will be using (please include diagrams). Gervasi expects all artists to present their work in a professional and organized way. Those located on pathway/lawn space are expected to utilize a 10’x10’ canopy.
$10 Application Fee if application submitted by Friday, March 3rd 2017
$20 Late Application Fee if application is submitted between
Saturday, March 4th and Tuesday, March 14th 2017
*Participation Fees to be collected after Show Acceptance is Awarded by Jury,
Deadline for Show Participation Fees is Wednesday April 26th 2017.
Instructions for participation fee payment will be emailed with results notification.
PARTICIPATION FEE BREAKDOWN:
Event Pavilion Space (8’x10’ approximate space) - $100
(limited space available, will be rewarded by jury based on variety and artist request of pavilion)
Pathway / Lawn Space (10’x10’ space under canopy) - $50
(Canopy required, can be supplied with additional rental fee of $25 and notice with application submittal,
*Limited supply at $25 rental fee)
Limited Show Space Available – applicants submitted prior to March 14th 2017 to be reviewed by jury.
A wait list will be accepted as available and reviewed as space is available. (Double spaces may be requested, but will only be awarded based on availability, and additional fees will be required).
Cancellation Policy: A 50% refund will be given if notification is received by July 3, 2017. Absolutely no refunds after July 3, 2017. Event is rain or shine with no rain date, in the case of extreme weather event may be cancelled with no refund. Gervasi will do everything possible to continue event.
PROVIDED BY GERVASI
· Tent location assignment (all locations are assigned at Gervasi's discretion).
All locations requests will be taken into consideration and we will do our best to accommodate them, but they are not guaranteed. Request must be emailed to show coordinator after acceptance notification has been delivered to be considered.
· Electricity accessible upon request (artist will need to supply power cords).
· Free parking in specified location.
· For a fee of $25, a 10’x10’ white canopy can be provided for Pathway location, otherwise a canopy must be provided by the artist. (not required for Pavilion, limited supply at $25 fee)
ARTISTS MUST PROVIDE
· All artwork exhibited must be confined to the assigned space(s) – 10’x10’ space for grassy surfaces or 8’x10’ on stamped concrete floor of event pavilion
· Artists are responsible for providing their own means of displaying their work.
o Tables and Chairs
o Electrical Equipment (including drop cords, light bulbs, fixtures, etc. if desired)
o A 10’x10’ Canopy if they are located on pathways/lawn space (unless renting one through Gervasi for $25 fee – limited supply at this fee)
Canopies are NOT permitted inside the Pavilion
· Artists must be prepared to setup and teardown their display without assistance from Gervasi. Volunteer help will be offered as available, but is not guaranteed.
PARKING & ADMISSION
Parking and admission is free for all exhibitors and patrons. Exhibitors have access to nearby parking for setup, but are required to move their cars before the show begins to a designated area not next to booths. Handicapped parking is also available.
· Each exhibitor must realize this is an outdoor show; there is no level ground and weather can be uncooperative. There will be no refunds due to inclement weather.
· Gervasi Vineyard does not collect commission, but requires sales totals for the day to be submitted to the event coordinator at completion of show.
· Artists agree to be present for all scheduled hours of the show, as well as setup by the start of the show. Non-compliance may result in removal from show – refunds not available.
· Generators are prohibited and no pets are allowed in booth or show area.
· Gervasi is a smoke free property. We expect all participants and guests to respect this.
· Bellissimo is not responsible for damage (including due to weather), theft, or loss of an exhibitor's property or personal injury resulting from participation in the art show.
· Items may only be staked into the ground based on location of booth space. Artists must inform show coordinator of this need during application process so that it may be taken into account with location assignment. Tent stakes are permitted with depth limitations, details to come later.
· No one will be allowed to exhibit without first having their application accepted and their participation confirmed by the jury and having paid the exhibition fee. Shared spaces are not permitted (unless submitted together through the application and accepted by the jury). Displays must fit into designated spaces without infringing upon neighboring spaces.
· Bellissimo is family oriented. All exhibits must be in keeping with this atmosphere. The management of Bellissimo has the sole discretion to require the removal of any work, which they determine violates the rules and regulations. Exhibitors shall not display or offer for sale any adulterated, misbranded or impure articles.
· Exhibitors are responsible for maintaining and leaving their assigned areas free of garbage, and in otherwise good condition. Bellissimo prohibits promotional material from being distributed outside of their assigned booth space unless previous authorization is given by Gervasi.
· Each exhibitor is responsible for the collection of Ohio sales tax and payment thereof to the OH Department of Revenue. Gervasi Vineyard is not acting as an agent and will not be responsible for the collection or payment of any sales tax. There is no commission charge for any art sales.
· Registration and setup will begin at 8:00am, and all artists must be on the grounds by 11:00am and fully set up by 11:30am.
Applications Due for Juried Review: March 3rd 2017 for $10 Application Fee
Late Application Deadline for Juried Review: March 14th 2017 for $20 Application Fee
Applications will be reviewed and space awarded after review by the appointed jury.
The results notification will be emailed by April 3rd 2017.
Show Participation Fees will be due by April 26th 2017.
Instructions will follow results notification.
Sunday, July 23rd, 2017
Laura Prengaman – email@example.com
Office Voicemail 330-497-1000 x 133