Downers Grove Fine Arts Festival
Sept. 9-10, 2017
The Downers Grove Fine Arts Festival will be celebrating 41 years this fall. The festival is held in the middle of award winning, historic, Downtown Downers Grove which is located 22 miles from Chicago’s loop. Direct access to the BNSF rail line brings patrons from around the region and the City of Chicago to the festival. The festival will be held in the middle of Main Street. Live music, boutiques, cafes and a children’s art area will complement the high caliber of art that will be present at the show. The show is attended by more than 7,000 people annually.
Downers Grove has recently received many accolades, including but not limited to:
· #2 Best Place to Raise Your Kids in the Country (Livability.com 2014).
• #10 Most Exciting Place in Illinois (Movoto.com 2014)
• #8th Best City in Illinois (Movoto.com 2013)
• Best Downtown Shopping District (Reader’s Choice of Suburban Life 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016).
• #8 Friendliest Place in the Country (Forbes.com & Nextdoor.com 2012).
• Downers Grove has one of the nation's most educated citizenry (American Community Survey 2010)
• #5 Best Place for a Healthy Retirement (CNN 2009)
This show continues to grow and we are looking forward to continuing this trend in 2017!
Ceramics, drawings, fiber, glass, graphics, handmade and hand painted furniture, jewelry, metal work, mixed media, paintings (watercolor, oil, acrylic), photography, pottery, sculpture, or items of original design and exceptional quality.
Lithograph, serigraph and similar properly signed and numbered works must be limited to 10% of work displayed. Commercial prints of artist original works may be shown in flip bins only and must be clearly identified.
All works displayed must be original in design, assembled and completed by the artist. Purchased gems may be used in original designs. No strung beads (stock beads) are allowed. Absolutely, no prefabricated or pre-assembled jewelry is allowed in pieces displayed. High quality beads made from gold, ceramic, paper, etc. may be used.
Prints must be original and hand-printed by the displaying photographer alone. No black and white or colored copies using any non-photographic or commercial methods are allowed.
$30.00 per media
Standard 10x10 booth = $225.00
Double booth: $450.00
Complete the application through Juried Art Services. This site is free to participating artists. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have through the application process.
· Provide payment of $30.00 for the jury fee through PayPal to email@example.com (if applying through mail please mail a separate $30.00 check for the jury fee; made payable to Downers Grove Downtown Management Corp.
· Make checks payable to: Downers Grove Downtown Management Corporation (DGDMC) There will be a $25.00 charge for NSF checks. Mail to:
Downers Grove Downtown Management Corp.
Attn: Fine Arts Festival
933A Curtiss Street
Downers Grove, IL 60515
· Five (5) digital images uploaded (or if mailing on cd) – four (4) of your current work and one (1) of your typical booth set up. Samples must be of work no more than three years old. Please provide title, sizing and pricing for the art samples.
· A self-addressed envelope affixed with proper postage for return of your disc, if submitted through mail.
· All applications must be submitted or postmarked by March 15, 2017. Late applications will be viewed only if an additional processing fee ($15) is included and the application is received prior to final jurying. Total late application fee is $45.00.
• Entries will be juried by April 21, 2017.
• Notification of entry status will follow through Juried Art Services.
• Exhibitor booth fee of $225.00 is due once accepted in the show. Payment through PayPal for $225 per 10” x 10” booth space, by May 17, 2017. (If by check please mail check for $225.00 made payable to Downers Grove Downtown Management Corporation).
• Cancellations by June 15, 2017 will be provided a 75% refund. Cancellations after June 15, 2017 will not be refunded.
Cash awards are given based on "Total Board" exhibit. A $500.00 Best of Show will be awarded. Two additional $100 Awards of Excellence will also be awarded.
· Complimentary bottled water for artists.
· Complimentary coffee and donuts on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
· Indoor bathroom
· Booth sitting
· Hotel Rooms offered at a discounted rate
· Overnight Security
· Free parking
· Artists retain all proceeds
· Coordinated loading and unloading.
· Strong volunteer support
The Downers Grove Fine Arts Festival marketing campaign includes internet and print advertising, newspaper articles, magazine ads, eblasts, press releases, banners, signs and when possible radio advertising. If you would like to be included in our press releases, please enclose a personal biography and/or artist statement. Our media publicist may contact you for further details as needed.
Upon selection to exhibit, you will receive a detailed packet of event information including free festival postcards for your own distribution. Additionally, you will receive a printable flyer to be used for your own publicity, mailings, or publications. A free program including artist name, media, and booth location will be distributed the day of the event to attendees.
Please submit a statement describing your art, brief description of the technique and any other information you would like regarding your art in 150 words. This statement may be used in press releases and/or other means of promoting the festival.
Rules & Regulations
· Artist must provide his or her own booth set up (tent, tables, display boards, etc.). Artists are required to display under a 10' x 10' white tent. Tables and tents are NOT available for rental at the event.
· Tents must be weighted properly.
· Tents must be white and fire retardant.
· No electricity will be provided.
· All artwork must be presented in a finished manner. Works should be framed and/or mounted for display.
· Artist themselves must be present throughout the festival. Booths may not be shutdown prior to the end of the festival.
· Display must not extend beyond booth space, as to maintain a 15 foot fire lane as well as not obstruct the flow of traffic.
· Artist must set up by 9:30 a.m. on September 9 & 10. 2017.
· Each artist is responsible for collecting and remitting local sales tax (8.25%) to the State’s Department of Revenue as required by law.
· All work must be original and the result of an original idea or inspiration.
· No art produced by use of commercial kits, molds, patterns, or plans permitted.
· The committee reserves the right to exclude any exhibitor whose work is not consistent with the standards of eligibility.
· Judges will be present and violators will be asked to leave the show with no refund of booth fees.
· Further details on procedures will be sent to you as the festival date nears.
Our jurors want to see the Downers Grove Fine Arts Festival remain one of the best shows in the State of Illinois with a wide range of individual art and excellent quality. Space is limited. There is a minimum number of artists needed in order to proceed with the Festival. If the minimum number of artists has not been reached by July 10, 2017 the event will be cancelled and a full refund of booth fees paid to date will be issued. Jury fees will not be refunded.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2017
Jurying Deadline: April 21, 2017
Booth Payment Deadline: May 17, 2017
Refund Deadline: June 15, 2017
Festival Dates: September 9 & 10, 2017
APPLICATION ON REVERSE SIDE
For more information, contact the Downers Grove Downtown Management Corporation at 630-725-0991